Microblading is a form of permanent makeup known as cosmetic tattooing. Technicians usually use topical anesthetics to limit discomfort. As with all all forms of cosmetic tattooing when performed correctly the procedure causes minimal discomfort. Microblading is a tattoo. Pigment is deposited into the upper layers of the skin, dermis, so as to make the pigment last.
The tattoo, the same as all other cosmetic tattoos, will fade over time, due to the environment and skincare products used. In order to keep the color crisp, a touch-up service is required up to every 16-18 months depending on the individual's skin and how well it holds the pigment. The
needles used come in a variety of diameters so that the thickness of each individual hair stroke can be customized to each client.
Procedure Cost: $450.00
(2 hours.) Includes the above Procedure Consultation. Topical Anesthetic, Microblading Procedure and aftercare preparation. A Complimentary perfecting session is included to ensure best results. to be scheduled 4 to 6 weeks after first procedure.
Separate Consultation Scheduling: $100.00 which goes toward complete procedure cost.
Setting up an appointment.
A Non-Refundable Reservation Deposit of $50.00 is Required to confirm any Microblading Appointment.
Deposit goes toward the price of service and consultation
Please send photos and appointment request as well as Name and Phone Number to my email: Browsbyjovanna@gmail.com
Prior to your appointment
- If you are under treatment for any form of cancer, you must wait until your treatment is complete. It is recommended to get permanent makeup before you start any cancer treatment
- To ensure best results, make sure your health is in good condition. Get enough rest, eat well, and exercise.
- 72 hours before and after your Microblading appointment avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen.
- You must be off Retin-A or Retinols 7 days prior to appointment and avoid around the area for 30 days after. If Retin-A or Retinols are applied before 30 days it can cause the pigments to fade prematurely.
- Please be advised that women that are on or near their menstrual cycle have a tendency to bleed a bit more during the procedure than women that are not. In addition- numbing agents also seem to not take as well to women who are menstruating. If you wish to avoid this please let JoVanna know.
- Please do not take aspirin, green tea, vitamin E, or any Herbs for 3 days prior to your procedure. If your Doctor has you on aspirin every day we will need your Doctor’s approval in written form for you to stop taking the aspirin
- Pigments during microblading are implanted in the skin with a thin blade like tool with very small needles as deep as the dermal layer. This allows for healed results of very fine and crisp hair lines, however, results do not last as long as traditional methods. A color boost is required usually between 16-18 months.
- A touch-up may be required at 12 months or sooner for oily-skinned clients, those who tan often, or often expose brow area to certain chemicals (facial peels, chlorine, anti-aging products, etc.). Pigment retention varies depending on skin type, age, aftercare, immune system, medications, certain chemicals, and the type of pigment used.
- All materials used during each and every appointment (including pre-sterilized blades) are 100% disposable. Jovanna adheres to both Delaware Public Health and OSHA guidelines for proper infection control practices.
Careful aftercare is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
• It’s important not to get the brows wet during the healing process (5 - 7 days).
• Use recommended antibiotic ointment Apply ointment with q-tip morning and night or before a shower or workout for the full five days. Be gentle, do not pull off the scabs prematurely. Your brows should remain dry all day Be sure to pat dry after gentle soap and water. to prevent product buildup. Following this procedure will ensure the formation of thin scabs thus more color retention.
Keep out of the sun for seven days. Then after seven days wear sunscreen to aid in the longevity of your tattoo.
• As instructed apply the ointments with freshly washed hands or a Q-tip. Never touch the procedure area without washing your hands immediately before.It is very important to keep the brows covered with ointment while in shower or during a strenuous workout to prevent moisture from penetrating.
• Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
• Do not use any makeup on the brows for at least 5 days.
• After the procedure is completely healed, you may go back to your regular cleansing and makeup routine. Avoid scrubbing the area. Use sun block after the procedure area is healed to protect from sun fading.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW AFTER-CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INFECTIONS,PIGMENT LOSS OR DISCOLORATION.
Cautions: If the skin around the eyebrows breaks out in a heat rash, small pimples, this is usually a reaction to the numbing solution and should go away by itself in a couple weeks, don’t pick. Please call immediately if this occurs so a JoVanna can make note of the reaction and follow up to ensure this is not a more serious situation.
▪ Do Not use any Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the brow area during or after healing!
▪ Do Not scrub or pick treated areas!
▪ Do Not expose area to the sun or tanning beds!
▪ Avoid swimming pool for 14 days!
▪ Do Not dye or tweeze eyebrows for one week after the procedure! Failure to follow post procedure instructions may result in infection or loss/discoloration of pigment.
Do Not Drink Alcohol 24 hours before
List all Medications Honestly, submitted information for your appointment is Confidential. Unless form of consent is signed.
What is normal?
• Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing, light bruising and dry tightness. Aftercare ointments work well for scabbing and tightness.
• Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 2-7 days the pigment will fade about 30% lighter, and once any swelling dissipates unevenness usually disappears. If it is too dark or still a bit uneven after 4 weeks then we will make adjustments during the touchup appointment.
• Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals, the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear in places. This can all be addressed during the touchup appointment which is why touchup is necessary. The procedure area has to heal completely before we can address any concerns. Healing takes about four weeks.
• Need a touchup months later. A touchup may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touchup procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure. It is recommended to have the first touchup 30 days after the first session; which is included in price. Future touch up sessions will cost the current touch up rate at the time you have it done. If most of the hair strokes have faded, the entire procedure will need to be repeated. An email photo consultation may be necessary to determine if you need a touchup or a repeat of the entire procedure.
Please send photos and appointment request to my email: Browsbyjovanna@gmail.com
You are NOT a suitable candidate for this procedure if you are:
- Pregnant or nursing(very sensitive during this process)
- History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
- Diabetic (require doctor's clearance)
- Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Organ transplant
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area
- (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Botox in the past 2 months
- Accutane in the past year
- Heart conditions, Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure,
- Poor general health.
Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing would make you NOT a good candidate for micropigmentation procedures. if you have question please send them to Browsbyjovanna@gmail.com